23 Mar How to Prepare to Move
Posted at 14:03h in Moving Tips
Being in the moving industry provides us a lot of knowledge about moving and tips that will help our customers have a more efficient, stress-free move. Here are a few way to prepare for moving day!
- Reserve your moving date two to four weeks ahead. Ask questions about insurance and equipment.
- Change of address can be completed online or at your local Post Office.
- Schedule your utilities disconnect date and reconnect for your new home
- Cancel newspaper subscriptions, cable, pest control, and cleaning services a week before your move.
- Pack up electronics before your moving date. Electronics are best packed in original boxes. If not, bubble wrapping or pads can be used to secure items.
- Set aside any items you DO NOT want packed in a designated area before we arrive. It may be helpful to put a note that says “DO NOT PACK”! Things such as medications, cable boxes, and personal items you will need to access easily in your new location.
- Important and sentimental items such as health records, passports, deeds, titles, insurance information, photo albums, pet information, and other family records should be packed together and labeled for easy access.
- Set aside cleaning supplies. They will need to be packed and moved by owner; they are not allowed on moving trucks for safety reasons.